Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's a Boy for Jill Scott!

source: People.com
By Tiffany McGee and Jessica Herndon
Originally posted Tuesday April 21, 2009 08:00 PM EDT

R&B singer and actress Jill Scott and her fiancé, drummer Lil John Roberts, have welcomed their first child, a boy, her manager confirms to PEOPLE.

Jett Hamilton Roberts was born at 4:20 p.m. on April 20. He weighed in at 7 lbs., 8 oz.

Scott, who stars on HBO's new series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, based on the popular novels by Alexander McCall Smith, discovered she was pregnant shortly before leaving for Botswana to film the show.

"At one point I was trying to gain weight for the role, and I noticed I had put on 7 lbs. in 7 days. And I thought, my god! What's going on here," she tells PEOPLE. "I thought something was wrong with me, and I found out I was [continue reading]

5 comments:

Wanda said...

Congratulations on the birth Jill. Will any more No 1 shows be made? I really enjoyed watching them as they brought the books to life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations are in order and may I say that Jill Scott is doing a wonderful job on this series. It is refreshing and so enjoyable. I hope that it does indeed take some awards.

Anonymous said...

I am dying to see more episodes. Makes sense now why there aren't anymore at the moment. Congrats to the new addition to the family!!! PLEASE say we will be having the show back on BBC again soon though. I watch it religiously!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Mma. Wishing the new arrival and the family good health!!! Awaiting for more episodes on BBC...

Abigail said...

Congrats to Jill..welcome to the wonderful (sometimes crazy) world of motherhood! I love you as a singer and have been inspired by your music. Your acting both in TP's Why Did I get Married and in The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency have been outstanding. Jill, you truly are a woman of many talents. Not only to do write and sing beautiful melodies, but you have brought joy to many through your acting. My husband, who is from Cameroon, was delighted, surprised and captivated by your acting ability.

MORE EPISODES PLEASE!!! We miss our Sunday Night HBO ritual (its the only reason we kept HBO!!)

God Bless...