Saturday, January 10, 2009

R&B Singer and Actress Jill Scott Is Pregnant

source: People.com
By Lisa Ingrassia
Originally posted Friday January 09, 2009 07:25 PM EST


Jill Scott is pregnant with her first child, the R&B singer and actress revealed to reporters at the Television Critics Association conference in Los Angeles on Friday.

Promoting her new HBO series The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, based on the popular novels by Alexander McCall Smith, Scott said she discovered that she was pregnant just before leaving for Botswana where she filmed the show.

"The first trimester I spent in Botswana," said the star, who is due April 25. "That was one of the biggest challenges of my life. First trimester! You're sick every morning. It was seven hours time difference, the heat, the bugs, the 14 hour days."

Still, the actress, who is engaged to drummer Lil' John Roberts, says she's glad she went [continue reading]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill,
I am so glad you went to Africa in your first trimester (the hardest one) to make this series, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I am living in Alaska and we are a bit backward here at times. This morning, for the first time, I saw you and the cast in this wonderful, poignant, delicious show. It was the 'pilot' show, and I must say, I laughed so hard, and cried, and was so thoroughly entertained that when the end came, I was terribly sad. I am now a very devoted fan of your show. Again, thank you so much for the sacrifice of working in a hot, bug infested environment during the first trimester of your pregnancy to make this incredible scenario come to life. I am recording ever show from now on. I am buying the books and recommending this show to everyone. It is brilliant and so are you. All of the characters in this show are so full and interesting and fun to watch. I love all of you, even the bad guys.
Most sincerely,
Robin Scheff
Mobile Dog Trainer in Alaska
mobiledogtrainer@gmail.com
907-727-2744
Google: Robin Scheff mobile dog trainer

Anonymous said...

I'm in full agreement with the post from Alaska. I record the show and watch it intently. It's a refreshing, delightful show that I enjoy from opening to closing credits. The scenery, the characters, the entire experience -- makes this show my favorite. I haven't read the books (yet), but I hope there are lots more episodes to come. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Ola, what's up amigos? :)
In first steps it is really nice if someone supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

hey


great forum lots of lovely people just what i need


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.